Protectors of Lore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mel and He11ix land

+3
He11ix
Melanie
Zak
7 posters

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

Mel and He11ix land - Page 9 Empty Re: Mel and He11ix land

Post  He11ix Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:29 pm

The old man stands next to the gem, which they completely forgot about. "...why are we even doing this? I'm sure we could have found better pawns than them." The old man erupts into flames, revealing Asaroth. Killgorian, who had entered shortly after the dragon was slain, hops down from his hiding place.

Killgorian: You fail to understand that we are trying to maintain a degree of secrecy, dear boy.
Asaroth: And who says that it's a good idea? We could just take the gems and destroy them before you know it if we wanted too.
Killgorian: I know much more than you. You may be over 1000 years old, but I have seen a millenium pass before me. So don't you dare think your knowledge surpasses mine.
Asaroth: At least tell me WHY we're letting those bumbling fools do our work. They forgot the gem, I doubt they could find the rest.
Killgorian: You underestimate her power. If I wasn't immortal, I would have been dead quite some time ago.
Asaroth: *snicker*
Killgrian: What is it?
Asaroth: It's hard to take you seriously when you're a bunny.
Killgorian: ...

When they arrive at the desert, they come across a large marble dome with an entrance down at the base.
He11ix
He11ix

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:54 pm

Wrathe lands by the dome and begins to trot into the entrance. He stops immediately, though.

"What?" Fauna taps him on the head. Wrathe smiles and holds up a hand to silence her. After a moment, he chuckles to himself and glances at Fauna.

"Friedhof is upset that I left her behind," he says, laughing again.

Fauna smirks. "She would disrupt the journey."

"Indeed. I see no reason in why I should go back and get her..."

"Well... Isn't she your sidekick?"

"No, that's you. Either that, or I am your sidekick. Either one. I never wanted to be with Friedhof. She kills innocent things... I became her tool. She used me continuously. I didn't like that, and it looked like I didn't have a choice... Now I do."

"I'm your sidekick. You're the smart one, remember?"

"Yea, yea. But I'm following you. So-" Wrathe sets her in front of him, "-I'm your sidekick."

"Fine, whatever. So are we getting Friedhof or the gem?"

"The gem. He11ix is more important than Friedhof now."

"You don't even know He11ix, though."

"Oh, but I do. Remember, I've watched you. I've felt your feelings. I've shared your sadness."

"...You... You can do that? Become me?"

"...In a way, yes. I can withdraw and duplicate your mind and then transfer the copy into my own mind as a memory. I can replay the memory over and over again. Here, I'll show you." Wrathe closes his eyes and sets a hand on Fauna's left shoulder. When his eyes open, they're white. He shows her the memory of He11ix's death. The ceiling gives way and crushes him. Fauna feels the shock and emptiness pulse through her body again, as they did when it happened before.

"Stop, stop.." Fauna pulls away from Wrathe and shakes her head. Wrathe's eyes flicker and end up back to their usual reddish brown. He lowers his hand and smiles at Fauna.

"And that's what started all of this. That's why we're here." Wrathe raises his hand, gesturing to the dome.

"I know... And that's why you gotta hurry up!" Fauna lunges on his back again and yanks his hair this time. "Mush!"

Wrathe bolts into the marble dome. The two look around and search for a yellow, glowing gem..
Melanie
Melanie

Back to top Go down

Post  He11ix Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:05 pm

When they enter, they find themselves in a roman arena. Cheering citizens fill the stands. Straight ahead of them, a statue of a dragon stands in the center of the arena. The fans all start chanting, "Holigon!" repeatedly. The ceiling opens up, letting the intense desert sun shine on the arena. Stone starts chipping off the dragon, revealing yellow scales. The statue bursts open, revealing the Dragon Of Ultimatum Light. The crowds start roaring as the light dragon moves towards them.
He11ix
He11ix

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:13 pm

Holy crap. Whaddo we do now?

...I'm really not sure.

Hey, but you're the smart one!

I'm good at killing. That's what I've been doing most of my life. My social intelligence is below average.

...So... Could we turn invisible and lift the dragon out of here, so the people would think he was just a holy God and he was floating?

Actually, yea. That's a good idea.

Wrathe touches Fauna's shoulder, and they both become invisible. They both fly up and each of them grab one of the dragon's wings. The two lift the dragon up and out of the dome. Once the dragon is out of sight of the crowd, they bring the dragon away from the dome and set it down.

Wait.. Now what?

We go back, still invisible, and search for the gem while the crowd is still confused. The dragon will be, too. So c'mon.
Wrathe picks up Fauna and sets her down inside of the dome. Invisible, they continue to look for the gem.
Melanie
Melanie

Back to top Go down

Post  He11ix Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:26 pm

A telepathic message echoes in Fauna's mind. Fauna, I found the temple in which the gems can be destroyed. I have the Dark with me, and I placed it in it's holder. I know that you are looking for the gem. You have to defeat the dragon for the gem to appear, or gain it's trust. These runes are hard to read. When I placed the first gem inside, the second message lit up so I could read it. It says, "The Origins Hold The Deities." I think it would make more sense with the rest of the gems, so please hurry.
He11ix
He11ix

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:32 pm

Fauna freezes. Wrathe stops, midair, to look at her.

...Hollix? Fauna flies away from the dome and back to the dragon.

Hollix? What? Where?

...In my head... He... I don't know if it was him, though...

...What did he say?

We have to either kill the dragon or gain it's trust.

Trust.

Yes.

Fauna lands in front of the dragon, visible now. Wrathe appears beside her. Fauna walks cautiously to the dragon and holds her hand out to it.

"Please," she whispers to the dragon, "help us.."
Melanie
Melanie

Back to top Go down

Post  He11ix Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:35 pm

The dragon stares at them, motionless. It is as if time is frozen. The dragon stares into Fauna's eyes. Human, I will now read your mind to see if you are pure. Only the pure may receive the Ultimatum. A few moments pass. Then, the dragon blasts her with a beam of light, sending her flying.
He11ix
He11ix

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:41 pm

Fauna hits the sand with a thud, and stands up instantly. She runs back to the dragon.

"But I am pure! Please, believe me! I'm trying! I need your help to accomplish this, though... Please..." Fauna looks into the dragons eyes. Her expression is apologetic and pleading. "...Please..."
Melanie
Melanie

Back to top Go down

Post  He11ix Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:45 pm

Pardon my language, I am a godly being and I usually don't talk like this but... WTF DUDE, YOU KILLED MORE PEOPLE THAN ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS SINGING ON STEROIDS! The light dragon lunges for Fauna.
He11ix
He11ix

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:53 pm

Okay, change of plans. We kill it.

But why?

I killed more people than Alvin and the chipmunks singing on steroids, that's why.

...That's not gonna help you become pure, y'know.

Who cares? I need the gem, and that's the only way we're gonna get it.

Can I try to gain his trust?

Sure, go ahead. Fauna flies into the air before the dragon hits her. Wrathe steps in front of it.

"Dwagon? We're trying to bring her-" he points at Fauna, "-friend back to life. And we need your gem, so... Please? May be have it?" Wrathe bites his lip and, dispite himself, lets a tear slide down his cheek.
Melanie
Melanie

Back to top Go down

Post  He11ix Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:57 pm

The light dragon judges Wrathe. You helped someone who killed more people than her, who killed more people than Allvin, who killed more people than Elvis on game night. The dragon blasts Wrathe as well.
He11ix
He11ix

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:06 pm

Wrathe floats in the air by Fauna and sighs.

"Listen, dragon, I could easily kill you, but I really don't want to." His arm evolves into the nuke beam. "If I shot this at you, you'd be dead. I really don't want to, though... So please, help us! We're both trying to be pure. I'm just corrupt because I've lived for over a million years and I've seen blood and death and cruelty, but very rarely have seen rainbows and happy smiles. And she's all screwed up in the head because she has no purpose in life. So... Please? Help us out?" Wrathe lowers the beam to his side and lets it turn back into a watch.
Melanie
Melanie

Back to top Go down

Post  He11ix Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:09 pm

The dragon shakes his head. Kill me if you will, you still have many to defeat. I shall return once the gems are re scattered, it has happened many times before. The dragon blasts them with light again.
He11ix
He11ix

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:19 pm

Wrathe pushes Fauna out of the way and dodges the beam quickly. They float side-by-side again and look at the dragon. Wrathe sighs and transforms the watch into the nuke beam again. Four barrels this time.

"I tried," he whispers to the dragon. The beam charges up.

"Wait-- Hold on, no!" Fauna flies in the nuke beam's path as it shoots. All four beams hit her. Fauna flies across the desert, out of sight from the dragon and Wrathe.

Wrathe stares at where Fauna disappeared and slowly looks down at his nuke beam. An amused smile forms at the edges of his lips. "...Yes, Fauna?" he asks as if she's right beside him. Fauna appears again, beside the dragon. She heaves for breath and leans on the dragon for support.

"J-just... Tr-try Ik-o..." Fauna smiles weakly and falls over.

Wrathe raises an eyebrow and again smiles, amused. Iko comes from the ground. Human.

"Iko, say 'hi' to the Light Dragon," Wrathe murmurs. Iko's ears flatten against her head shyly, and she waves impishly to the dragon.

"Hii," she chirps. Iko looks up at the dragon and smiles.

Iko should be pure. She knows no evil, has seen no evil, and has heard no evil. And... she barely speaks at all.
Melanie
Melanie

Back to top Go down

Post  He11ix Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:52 am

The light dragon blasts them all the way back to the arena. They crash in the middle of it. The light dragon flies in. Not only are you unpure, but you lack the power to defeat me. As such, I must destroy you as of now. The light from the sun becomes blinding, and the dragon starts charging The Holy Mashimony, otherwise known as Insta-Kill Fauna Spray.
He11ix
He11ix

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:15 am

..Insta-Kill Fauna Spray? Hm...

Wrathe's nuke beam takes place again, with eight barrels this time, in a huge circle. Fauna stands back and struggles to force the dragon's blinding light back. Wrathe charges the beam quickly and launches it at the dragon. The dragon is sent far into the sky and comes down to the ground with an eruption of sand. Before it can stand up (if it's still alive), Wrathe boosts himself into the air and throws down a big grenade. The grenade explodes, and immediately afterwards, he launches the eight nuke beams again. The dragon is fried by now with huge, gaping holes in it's side.

What changed your mind?

We're going to Hell anyways. At least we tried.

So... Are you giving up?

On bringing He11ix back? No. On being a good-guy? Yes.

Aright. Where's Iko?

..Dead... Again. That bastard killed her.

...Oh. Will she hatch again?

Yea, in almost exactly the same form. She wasn't alive long enough to gain anymore knowledge in order to evolve. She might be golden next, though, because of her memory of the sun and sand. And she might be able to use the Holy Mashimony because of the dragon. She always remembers her death.

How long until the egg forms?

Until I'm happy. I don't know why it works that way. But, in other words, until we find He11ix.

'Kay... So where's the gem?

Again, I'm not sure. The dragon might 'melt' into the sand like the dracolich did. Guess we'll just have to wait.

Fauna nods and floats behind Wrathe. She faces the dead dragon, and he faces the arena.
Melanie
Melanie

Back to top Go down

Post  He11ix Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:25 am

The dragon disappears in a flash of blinding light. The illusion of the crowd disappears, and the floor starts to shake, it opens up, and a pedestal appears with the yellow gem on it.
He11ix
He11ix

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:40 am

Wrathe smiles and nudges Fauna in the side with his elbow. Fauna simply stares at the gem.

Go get it, we have to go get the next one. Quickly, now.

...It's so purdy...

I know. Now go pick it up. I'll shrink it and place it in the nuke beam. That'll help us in the future.

Would you be able to take the gem out again?

Yea, don't worry. I'll just pry it back out of my watch. I've done it a lot, don't worry.

Fauna nods and hovers down to the gem. She takes it in her hands carefully and gently, then brings it back to Wrathe. He takes it with one hand and places the other on it's side. The gem shrinks to the size of a pebble. Wrathe places it in a small slot in his watch. They take off for the next one.
Red Fire: Volcano Of The Red Dragon
Blue Water: Ocean Of The Blue Dragon
White Wind: Cloud Of The White Dragon
Clear Ice: Iceburg Of The Clear Dragon
Grey Stone: Cave Of The Grey Dragon
Steel Energy: Power Plant Of The Droid Dragon
Melanie
Melanie

Back to top Go down

Post  He11ix Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:00 am

Next would be the Fire one.

When they arrive at the volcano cave from before, no dragon is at home. The ruins are already out, and the red gem in j7ust lying there.
He11ix
He11ix

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:09 am

..But the pit is next... Ah, well. I'm getting a free gem, so yay.

Fauna glances at Wrathe warily.

Is it a trap?

No. Remember, when you were with Haze and you were getting the Fire gem? You tamed the dragon. So.. There ya go. Gem.

Awesome.

Fauna walks up and gently picks the red gem off of the ground. She brings it to Wrathe, and he does the same thing with the light gem.

Go get it, we have to go get the next one. Quickly, now.

...It's so purdy...

I know. Now go pick it up. I'll shrink it and place it in the nuke beam. That'll help us in the future.

Would you be able to take the gem out again?

Yea, don't worry. I'll just pry it back out of my watch. I've done it a lot, don't worry.

Fauna nods and hovers down to the gem. She takes it in her hands carefully and gently, then brings it back to Wrathe. He takes it with one hand and places the other on it's side. The gem shrinks to the size of a pebble. Wrathe places it in a small slot in his watch. They take off for the next one.
Red Fire: Volcano Of The Red Dragon
Blue Water: Ocean Of The Blue Dragon
White Wind: Cloud Of The White Dragon
Clear Ice: Iceburg Of The Clear Dragon
Grey Stone: Cave Of The Grey Dragon
Steel Energy: Power Plant Of The Droid Dragon
Melanie
Melanie

Back to top Go down

Post  He11ix Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:29 am

You already did the pit. Remember? Dracolich?

Wrathe and Fauna reach the beach, but have no way of knowing where the ruins could be.

Hint: The Not So Jolly ------
He11ix
He11ix

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:37 am

Ohs, whoops. Fergot the gem.

(I had to Google "The not so Jolly" to get this:)

"Roger!" Fauna grins and turns to Wrathe. "You remember him? Drunk dude?"

"Yea, I remember him. Good luck with this one, 'cuz I gotta go back and get the gem from the dracolich."

"You're leaving?" Fauna's eyes widen.

"Yea, I'll be back in less than half an hour, though." Wrathe smirks.

"...What if I have to fight a dragon..."

"That's why I'm letting you borrow this." Wrathe takes off his watch and drapes it over Fauna's wrist. He tightens it and then takes a step back.

"But what if you run into a dragon?" she calls as Wrathe begins to walk away.

"I've got my magic, don't worry." To show her, Wrathe disappears into the shadows. A pitch black replica of him takes his place and walks away from her. The figure fades away, and Wrathe appears again.

Fauna turns away from Wrathe and looks at the watch. She studies it for a while, and then looks up.

Where's Roger at...

Dunno.

'Ey! I wasn't asking you.

Oh. Sorry, I'll go now.

Thanks..

Fauna begins walking around the beach and looking at the sea, searching for Roger.
Melanie
Melanie

Back to top Go down

Post  He11ix Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:46 am

A ship appears on the horizon. It comes farther into veiw. It comes closer, fast.

5 seconds later...

The ship crashes onto the beach. The plank falls down onto the sand, and Rodger walks down. "Ahoy! I bought meself a motorboat engine!"
He11ix
He11ix

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:51 am

Wrathe, this is gonna be hard... He's drunk... How do I get a drunk pirate's treasure... It's gotta be his treasure...

Insist on trying his rum. I know you want to, anyways.

So this is a win-win, huh? I get to try some great rum, according to him, and I get the gem...

Well.. I'm only hoping that my plan will work.

Fauna grins and peeks behind the ship. She looks right at Roger.

"Hey, Roger!" She walks out from behind the ship. "Long time no see." She looks at the ship. "Nice motorboat-ship." Fauna grins again.

Ask him for the rum!

Not yet!

Fauna struggles to tell if Roger is drunk or not.
Melanie
Melanie

Back to top Go down

Post  He11ix Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:02 am

"Weeeee!!!" Rodger falls over and goes unconcious.
He11ix
He11ix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next